Paula Jenkins: Sea Me, As I Am 2022

Paula Jenkins: Sea Me, As I Am 2022

Sea Me, As I Am investigates the compositions and details of the headlands and views from the cliffs between Wimbie Beach and Lilli Pilli on the South East coast of NSW.

The paintings focus on the rock formations, angles, depth of field, and vegetation unique to the area. Wimbie Beach is close to the artist's heart, having spent time there during her upbringing at her grandparents' home, and most recently last summer.

'My painting trips always provide me with rich inspiration, and involve a lot of plein air painting, documenting, and capturing the surrounds. Sleeping in swags under the stars gives me a sense of immersion with all the sounds, smells, and beauty of the landscape.'

Sea Me, As I Am has a vivid and other-worldly colour palette, accentuating pinks, yellows, and blues found within the landscape.

'Working with colour is my artistic voice. I'm constantly aiming to push the boundaries with colour experimentation and finding new ways of applying marks and techniques to allow the painting to 'sing' and have a higher energy vibration.' - Paula Jenkins, 2022



https://upnext.com.au/event/paula-jenkins-sea-me-as-i-am-2022

Check out our website https://upnext.com.au/sydney

Check out our Vimeo channel https://vimeo.com/upnextsydney

Check out our Youtube channel UpNext Sydney Youtube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gabor Maté | ICC Sydney Theatre 2025

for KING + COUNTRY | ICC Sydney Theatre 2024

Warner Bros. Discovery Open Air Cinema at Darling Quarter 2024