Head in the Clouds by Johnny K 2022

Head in the Clouds by Johnny K 2022

Born in Albury NSW and currently based in the Blue Mountains, Johnny K has captured the imagination of a new breed of Australian landscape enthusiasts.

Sitting brightly alongside Australia's long line of great landscape painters, Johnny K brings the traditional landscape into the now. Using aerosol and oils in vivid colours, Johnny K's vision is a truly exciting and original take on the land.

'I want viewers to be able to see and feel the terrain on the surface of my paintings, and through my work take them on an adventure and journey into the Australian landscape.'

The romantic notion of place is fully embraced by Johnny K in his latest work, as clouds and trees appear to float upon the stark expanse of the Australian landscape.

'I am fortunate that my studio looks out to a long, deep horizon, allowing for a deep perspective. Sometimes, I can view the clouds almost at eye level, which is a transfixing experience that has certainly influenced my current direction.'

Johnny K's striking colour palette and material choices, along with his distinctive technique, personify beautiful contemporary art built on traditional foundations. His work is more than just a depiction of his affection for the landscape, these are paintings of love, layered with passion, emotion and positivity. This is the contemporary Australian landscape of your dreams.

'Head In The Clouds' is a continuation of my sensory exploration of space and isolation, and of being immersed in the landscape. I have taken my adventure into the unknown and pushed it further. In the suspended clouds of my landscapes, I want my audience to reminisce and daydream about their own lives, and the landscape that has shaped them.'

Following on from his sold out show 'A Place To Dream' at Wentworth Galleries in 2021, we are excited to invite you to experience 'Head In The Clouds'.



https://upnext.com.au/event/head-in-the-clouds-by-johnny-k-2022

Check out our website https://upnext.com.au/sydney

Check out our Vimeo channel https://vimeo.com/upnextsydney

Check out our Youtube channel UpNext Sydney Youtube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gabor Maté | ICC Sydney Theatre 2025

for KING + COUNTRY | ICC Sydney Theatre 2024

Warner Bros. Discovery Open Air Cinema at Darling Quarter 2024